Tuesday, December 22, 2009
(Boston Class) Broadway Auditions Seminar w/ 4 Broadway Casting Directors
Thank you for sharing and spreading this amazing information.
I am so excited for the opportunity to bring 4 of Broadways biggest Casting Directors to Boston, MA this spring 2010 and hope to make this a continued opportunity for the amazing talent in Boston. Here you will find information about this wonderful opportunity - such as how to audition/apply for the class, casting directors currently scheduled to be in Boston for the class and information about the class.
How to apply:
1. It is best to do a video recording of yourself attach it to youtube.com and then go to the Master Class website and apply (http://www.wrightwaymasterclasses.com).
2. If you are currently represented by an agent or manager - have them email me directly. Please make sure that you have already applied with resume/headshot.
For the video audition, please perform two contrasting pieces of music or one song and one monologue. Audition should be no longer than 3 minutes.
1. Alison Franck has been the Resident Casting Director for Paper Mill Playhouse for nearly a decade. She has cast over 40 productions for Paper Mill including the Broadway transfer of I'm Not Rappaport, starring Judd Hirsch and Ben Vereen, directed by Daniel Sullivan. Recent Paper Mill productions include 1776, Master Class, The Importance of Being Earnest, Little Shop of Horrors and Kiss Me Kate. Other regional productions include Pirates! (Goodspeed/Paper Mill), Hairspray and Les Miserables (North Shore Music Theatre), and 2007's mini-tour of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers directed by Scott Schwartz and choreographed by Patti Colombo (TUTS / Paper Mill / North Shore / TOTS). She recently completed the casting of the upcoming National Tour of Ain't Misbehavin' starring Ruben Studdard and Frenchie Davis and the premiere National Tour of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Independent film: Broke Even (Best Drama, 2000 NY Independent Film Festival). TV series: Al Franken's "Lateline," "Soul Man," "Talk to Me." Pilot casting: "Madigan Men" and "Freaks & Geeks" (2000 Emmy for Outstanding Casting for a Comedy Series).
2. Cindi Rush Casting (Casting) New York: Rooms, Peaceman, Jacques Brel, Six Dance Lessons In Six Weeks, The Thing About Men, Showtune, I Sing, Urinetown, Say Goodnight Gracie. Regional: Triad Stage; Act II Playhouse; Arena Stage; Goodman; Cape Cod Theatre Project; NOHO Arts Center; Actors Theatre of Louisville Humanafest. Film: Offspring, Made For Each Other, Home Movie, Jack Ketchum's: The Girl Next Door, Headspace, Funny Valentine, Master Class. Other: Hats (Denver, New Orleans, Chicago). Tours: "The Case of Curious George" "Kidz Bop", Casting Society of America Member, Consultant for National Alliance For Musical Theatre, Consultant for NYU Graduate Program for Musical Theatre Writing.
3. Duncan Stewart is the Executive Director of Southgate Productions - a company that primarily focuses on Casting and Talent Consultation for Theater/TV. Theater: Duncan is Director of Casting for the National Artists Management Company (NAMCO) where he is responsible for casting the Broadway, London and International touring companies of Chicago The Musical and all other projects for producers Barry and Fran Weissler (whose past Broadway projects include Sweet Charity, Wonderful Town, Seussical, Annie Get Your Gun). Duncan's current projects include: the upcoming Broadway productions of La Cage Aux Folles (produced by Sonia Friedman and David Babani for The Chocolate Factory in London); Clueless The Musical (Stephen Trask, Tina Landau, John Dempsey); Neil LaBute's West End premiere of the hit play Fat Pig (NAMCO/ATG Co-Production) which will transfer to Broadway in 2010; and Douglas Carter Beane's The Band Wagon (Kathleen Marshall, Director). Television: Duncan provides talent consultation for numerous television projects now under development by/for Cineflix International. Based in the UK & Canada, Cineflix is an international group of companies that produces, acquires and distributes original non-fiction, multi-genre television programming. In the past, Duncan worked with Alaine Alaine Alldaffer at Playwrights Horizons in casting numerous productions for the following theater companies: Playwrights Horizons, Huntington Theater Company, Soho Rep, Long Wharf Theater, Coconut Grove Playhouse as well as The Knight's of Prosperity (pilot) for ABC featuring Mick Jagger. For more information, check out his website at: sgateproductions.com
Information about the class - BROADWAY AUDITIONS SEMINAR with 4 BROADWAY CASTING DIRECTORS:
Wright Way Master Classes is seeking participants for its Broadway Auditions Seminar with 4 Broadway Casting Directors. Casting Directors with Broadway credits include Duncan Stewart, Alison Franck, Cindi Rush, and one TBA who will work with participants in 3.5-hour classes, a different casting director each day, for five days.
Currently the classes are scheduled nationally on February 15-19th in Salt Lake City, February 21-25 in Boston, Feb. 28-Mar. 4 in Chicago.
There will only be 15 students accepted into each class. Once accepted the class fee is $850 for union performers and $900 for nonunion. Payment plans are offered. (For the total of 17 hours - you will be paying $40.00 per hour, an amazing deal considering the Casting Directors are coming directly to you!)
Check us out on YOUTUBE.com: http://www.youtube.com/user/wrightwaymasterclass
If you would like to sign up for the class or learn more about Wright Way Master Classes please go tohttp://www.wrightwaymasterclasses.com
Wright Way Master Classes
"We Must Be The CHANGE, We Wish To See In The World." Ghandi