Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving holiday

Wow, when I take breaks from things...I really take breaks....the last time I wrote on this was earlier in the week.  Not good...not good.  

So much has happened over the past couple of days...

First off I had the pleasure of sharing my Thanksgiving day with my dear friend Rebecca Holt and her family (the Gilmores).  What an amazing family...with hearts of gold.  They welcomed me with open arms into their home to share in the happiness that Thanksgiving day brings.  Along with the Gilmores were their extended family - also a pleasure.  After the Thanksgiving meal I found myself a quite spot to lay back and sleep for about an hour....a tradition I learned a couple of years ago.  Every year my family usually sits around the table and expresses to the rest of the family what we are grateful for...well the Gilmore's also offered that same tradition.  Usually with my family it ends up being one big sob fest...well with the Gilmore's it was different....oddly enough I was the only one crying out of control - seriously, OUT OF CONTROL.  I expressed to everyone the joys of the gospel of Jesus Christ and regardless of where you are in this world the gospel brings us together  in ways that no one can express.  And though I wasn't with my family during the holiday season it was wonderful to be with people and friends whom I know love me and who care.

The rest of the weekend I found myself just relaxing around the house and finding new and different projects that I could get myself attached to....

I hope everyone's Thanksgiving holiday was as wonderful as mine....

Talk at you later!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hey babe,
So glad you were able to spend Thanksgiving with such amazing people.. I'm sure glad you had a good one.. makes me SMILE :)

Miss you bunches !!!

Kimkim

Dana said...

Rance,
Yeah I am so excited that I found your blog. I saw your comment on Jeff Andrus'. Sounds like you are leading such an exciting life out there in NYC. I have enjoyed reading your blog and catching up on all that you have been doing. I have to say that I am proud of you for standing up in what you believe. I too believe that we are all equals and that judging gets us no where. I think that you can be a faithful LDS member and still have your own opinions on prop 8. Sometimes I feel that I can't voice my opinion because I am a minority on the issue as well. Thanks for being such a great example of courage. Your Friend, Dana Karren Ross

Unknown said...

Kerala Ayurveda || Delhi Ayurveda || Kerala Tour Packages || Tourist destinations in Kerala || Holiday Packages in india || Tour Quito and Tungurahua Volcano